Gentlemen, the time has come for you to try online dating. You have tried going to bars, talking to women at work, at the gym and anywhere else you can find them. Now you are diving into the online dating game and you want to put your best foot forward. There are a few online dating tips for men you should know before you even get started. This will not only help you get more attention but also make the best choices.
1. Be yourself but be fun at it: When you start putting together your profile women do not want to see the picture of you and your ex-girlfriend. They do not want to see a bunch of information about how you like to sit around and play video games or watch sports all the time. Show them the fun things you like to do; outdoor activities, what you do for work, if you are going to school, what you and your friends do for fun and so forth.
2. Don’t be fun, be awesome: Watching a baseball game is fun, going to a baseball game is awesome. Enjoying fishing is fun, going fishing to exotic locations is awesome. Post pictures and talk about the awesome things you do.
3. Time to make a contact: Sometimes you will get lucky and a girl will message you. That’s great but don’t expect it to happen all the time. Women who are trying online dating, or women in general prefer a guy to make the first move. Understand that these women spent a lot of time working on their profiles, selecting the pictures to show and so forth. Take the time to read their profiles and that will give you something to talk about when you first message them.
4. The harsh reality of online dating: Most men who are looking for online dating tips are simply looking for advice to contact women. Understand that even if you have a great profile and you come up with a great introduction message for a woman you found online, she may not answer. There are tons of reasons why but don’t take it personally. You have to realize that there can be as many as a hundred guys who message her each day or more so if she looks at your profile and doesn’t respond its OK for you to move on.
5. Don’t use the same lines over and over: Believe it or not, just like in a bar there are women on dating sites that are friends. They make profiles together and talk about the men who message them. If they see that you sent the both of them the same message you probably won’t hear back from either one of them so be original.
There are plenty of online dating tips for men to follow but the most important ones come down to being original, being yourself and being patient. Sometimes the perfect girl isn’t going to respond and that’s OK, you saw her for a couple of seconds on an online dating site. There will be others, so don’t worry about it.